PhotoLive : Download your Favorite Photos and Albums From Social Networks
PhotoLive lets you save photos and albums from social networks like Facebook, without needing access to your account. Using a simple browser extension PhotoLive lets you download any album on Facebook that you have permission to view, with the click of a button. Without accessing any of your personal information, PhotoLive zips away; and saves albums you want easily and freely.
PhotoLive is available as a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Opera. To install, Go to http://www.getphotolive.com/ and just drag the bookmarklet to your bookmarks bar or save it as a bookmark, depending on your browser. This free browser extension makes it easier to download Facebook albums and photos, with just a click of a button.
First Look at PhotoLive
When you visit Facebook after bookmarking PhotoLive, you can see a new button “Download Photos” on your Facebook page. Clicking on this button will download the photos shown in your Facebook page in a zip format. This includes all public photos shared by your friends as well. Please note that, PhotoLive respects privacy, and won’t download private photos.
Here are somethings you may want to consider when using PhotoLive.
- Use the browser plugins, they are the easiest and fastest way to do this
- If you can’t or don’t wish to use the browser plugins, you’d have to manually type the URL of each photo. There is manual download option mentioned in their website http://www.getphotolive.com/
- You can only download Content that you can see on your browser, in other words, if you don’t have permission to view certain Content, you can not download it
- Make sure all the photos you need are in the albums, because PhotoLive don’t cache or store the photos in thier servers. So if you missed something you have to do it all over again
- You may notice PhotoLive don’t have sign up, login, or login with Facebook buttons. This is for privacy reasons, because they don’t keep track of or store any activity that can identify any user